Since 1904 the Davila Family has owned businesses and impacted San Antonio’s Westside community. The first Davila to own a business was Frank Davila Sr. who had a small grocery store at the corner of El Paso St. and Colorado.
This grocery store, under the guidance of Rodolfo Davila Sr. and his wife Delia, evolved and grew into four grocery stores and the always popular Davila’s and The Derby Drive Ins.
In 1955 Rodolfo Davila Jr., opened Davila Pharmacy adjacent to the first Davila Food Store meeting the needs of the community in which he and his wife Dorothy, sister Mary Louise and brothers Frank II and Alfonso were born and raised.
Today the fourth generation of the Davila family, Rosette and Rudy III, continue to be a part of San Antonio and Texas’ healthcare community with the continued success of Davila Pharmacy located at 1423 Guadalupe St, four blocks from the original Frank Davila